Thursday 5 April 2012

Garage Special: Ollie Macfarlane / Kyogi / 2 Bears



Been listening to quite a lot of garage, 2-step and future garage recently and been loving it. Some of the most beautiful songs I've heard have been garage tracks and the more punchy pieces have that bopping vibe to them which I love. First up a track which I'm raving about right now by Ollie Macfarlane...


Heard this track by Kyogi (true Devonshire lad) on Fa(r)mer's channel a few days back. Stunning piece of music.


Here's a tune by a band I only discovered today...2 Bears. They have such a unique and wicked sound. This will make a sick summer tune, they are playing live tomorrow night in newcastle but I am not gonna be back up north in time. Me and my mate were talking about Wiley earlier and agree that he's got such an awesome flow. I used to be crazy about my grime music before I got into electronic stuff. I'd follow the movement (devlin, ghetto, wretch 32, mercston, scorcher) and OT crew + Don Strapzy so I never liked Wiley that much because of his negative history with these artists. The rap battles were all part of the performance and show but it just became another genre which took itself way too seriously. All that aside he's been such an incredible artist. The 'freestyle' he performed for Tim Westwood on BBC Radio 1 EXTRA was just incredible. Here he is talkin bout skankin.




No comments:

Post a Comment